Tuesday, September 16, 2008

#34 Using the Web for Better Health

I had a look at FitDay and I really liked this site and found it very informative. I walk 4kms about 4 times a week and was interested to see that this doesn't burn a whole heap of calories. I may have to get back on the treadmill. It was good to see what nutrients I don't get enough of on a normal day. The only drawback was the Americanism (chocolate biscuits weren't listed - I had to search for 'crackers'). Listing all the foods you have eaten in a day keeps it "real" as well - you can't whinge that you're not losing weight when you've got it in black and white in front of you that you've eaten two chocolate-coated crackers and a meat pie with tomato sauce that day... hypothetically speaking. I have already recommended this site to my colleagues because I was very impressed by it.

No comments: