Monday, October 1, 2007

#5 flickr

New York, New York! I'm going overseas for the first time next year and I can't wait. I'm a massive fan of "Sex and the City" so New York will be our first stop.

Flickr's kind of interesting - you could spend ages poring over the images. In fact it did take me awhile to find a nice photo of New York to post. Results are clearly not listed in order or relevance because of the nature of the resource - they are photos taken by individuals who have tagged them as they want to. It wasn't until probably the fifth page of results from my search "New York" that I found this photo - before that there were plenty of shots of people running marathons and other obscure things happening in New York. Interesting to do the tutorial, have a browse and learn what it's all about though.

Perhaps I was too dismissive ... I did a second search "New York buildings" and that did return more of the type of photo I was after. I suppose the first issue I encountered was because they are all tagged by location. Well, live and learn.

1 comment:

Yarra Plenty Library Regional Library said...

It is csometimes hard to comprehend the way people think when they tag things. We have been taught strict guidelines and tagging rules because of our jobs...

Lynette