Wednesday, November 28, 2007

# 19 Discovering Web 2.0 tools

I had a look at a couple of the winner sites but they didn't really impress me - I had a look at one in the travel category, one in the book category and one in the business category. Then I had a look at the winner of the City Guides and Reviews category, "Yelp" - this was really good and I think I will come back to it to research my big trip next year. It is my first time overseas so it is great to find a site that real people have rated and written reviews about. It's a shame it is just America, but it does have a lot in it - restaurants, hotels, shops, night life, etc. In terms of use in a library setting - we are doing a travel demonstration early next year so this may be a good site to let people know about at that. I suppose also when people ask for a US travel guide we could also recommend this site to them.

No comments: