Sunday, November 25, 2007

# 7 Blog about technology

The challenge with technology is that it moves very quickly - more and more tools are constantly being created. This web 2.0 stuff has been a real eye-opener for me - there is so much fantastic stuff that we can do. In the past I kind of dismissed it because I assumed it would require wasting hours playing around on the net. Being forced to explore it with this program has made me realise that it may take awhile to familiarise yourself with all these extra tools but in the long run these tools should save you time and allow you to provide a better service. I know that sounds like a really obvious thing to say. I'm a Gen Y librarian but all this web 2.0 stuff was still new to me. It's great to be in a profession where keeping up with new technological developments is encouraged in this way.

No comments: