Wednesday, November 28, 2007

#23 Is this really the end?

I really appreciate that we have been given the opportunity to learn about all these great tools as part of our professional development. The struggle (and I know I sound like a broken record) has been to find the time at work to do it. I know many of my colleagues have worked on it at home in order to be able to keep up. I will probably do the same now that the council network won't give me access to YouTube and podcasting. Perhaps if we could have had a little more time to complete the program...?

I have a much better understanding of blogs, podcasting, RSS feeds, Flickr, tagging and all those other things that you hear about today but, up until now, I haven't known much about. I love del.icio.us and I could have spent ages looking around Flickr. I also, now that I've got one, really like having my own blog. Still don't feel really great about other people looking at it but I think I will overcome that angst over time. Oh, and LibraryThing - I really loved that and will use it and attempt to put it on my blog like I noticed someone else did (smartypants!). Once I have done all the prerequisites to get through this course I will spend some time personalising my blog page and making it exactly what I want, building up my del.icio.us account and my LibraryThing collection. I will be adding a lot of the sites that I discovered in this program to my del.icio.us account because I want to come back to them and explore them more fully.

Thanks to everyone involved with setting up and running this program - I have gotten a lot out of it and discovered some great tools along the way.

No comments: